Well... Today did NOT start off too great. I was all ready to get up at 8:45am to go with my mom to meet her bariatric PA and that alarm hit me in the head like a sledge hammer. I got up and said to myself, "mmmm caffiene!" HM AFRAID not! Damnit. I totally forgot that I can not have caffeine yet since I had VSG. So I called my mom and said that I wasn't coming and went back to bed.
I woke up at 1pm not quite as bad as yesterday but it was late needless to say.
I felt pretty good today, watched my various talk shows like Rachel Ray and the Doctors and then spent some time with my husband when he got home from work at 4.
My pain is now manageable with 1, 500mg pill of Tylenol every 6 hours and then the Lortab at night to help me sleep comfortably. I still am not able to sleep on my right side yet because that is where my largest incision is, but I can sleep on the left just fine. I use a pillow folded in half and hug it to take the pressure off my stomach.
I am SO sick of the clear liquids diet! I have 1 week left and it seems like a year away. Cross your fingers that I will be transitioned to "full" liquids next week. I didn't think that scrambled eggs and cottage cheese could ever sound so good! Damn head hunger is getting the best of me today. Probably doesn't help that I am watching the Food Network too for ideas of what to make my hubby for dinner this weekend! LOL
So my evening is winding down, cheddar cheese soup is on the roster for dinner. I am just chilling out right now with a cup of hot Raspberry Zinger DECAF tea.
How is everything coming along??
ReplyDelete